[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Using filters
- To: "Martin Euredjian" <martinfx at email.msn.com>, "telecine" <telecine at sun.alegria.com>
- Subject: Re: Using filters
- From: "JC Soret" <jclement at globalnet.co.uk>
- Date: Sun, 29 Mar 1998 22:42:12 +0100
- Resent-Date: Sun, 29 Mar 1998 13:44:17 -0800
- Resent-From: telecine at alegria.com
- Resent-Message-ID: <"1-sDUD.A.1UC.7BsH1" at sun>
- Resent-Sender: telecine-request at alegria.com
- Resent-To: multiple recipients of <telecine at alegria.com>
> It seems to me that some clients might not be aware of some of the basics
> a telecine transfer.
Almost every day I come across people who think that using a white promist
will affect whites and a black promist blacks, they should know that on
negative it is always blacks that are diffused whatever type of diffusion
> How common is it for clients to want to use colored filters during a
> negative transfer?
Never, colored filters bring noise in the signal and nothing interesting
came out of my experiences, I was always able to match the effect by
tweaking PECs, but new ideas are welcome.
Thanks to Rich Torpey for supporting the TIG in 1998..
No product marketing allowed on the main TIG. Contact rob at alegria.com
946 subscribers in 36 countries on Sun Mar 29 13:43:18 PST 1998
complete information on the TIG website http://www.alegria.com/tig3/