[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
CCD telecine scan process ??
- To: telecine at alegria.com
- Subject: CCD telecine scan process ??
- From: tig at spacelink.com
- Date: Sun, 29 Mar 1998 22:25:00 -0800
- Resent-Date: Sun, 29 Mar 1998 22:26:31 -0800
- Resent-From: telecine at alegria.com
- Resent-Message-ID: <"GAHbgD.A.NiF.frzH1" at sun>
- Resent-Sender: SmartList account <slist at sun.alegria.com>
- Resent-To: multiple recipients of <telecine at alegria.com>
I've been a lurker here for some time attempting to learn about the telecine
process from the collective intelligence represented in this mailing list.
I now have a, probably basic, question about CCD telecine/datacine units. I
am assuming that a CCD telecine would have three separate CCD pickup units --
one for each of R, G, and B. Is each of these CCD units arranged as a full
frame sensor or as a single line sensor? It would seem that one approach
would be a 2D CCD array onto which the film frame is projected and sensed.
The other approach would be a 1D "line" of sensors that can only scan one
"line" at a time. It would build a whole frame as the film passed through the
scan apparatus. Can anyone here shed any light on what approach is used and
tig at spacelink.com
San Diego, CA
Thanks to Rich Torpey for supporting the TIG in 1998..
No product marketing allowed on the main TIG. Contact rob at alegria.com
944 subscribers in 36 countries on Sun Mar 29 22:25:31 PST 1998
complete information on the TIG website http://www.alegria.com/tig3/