[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Motion Picture Transfers
- To: telecine internet group <telecine at alegria.com>
- Subject: Motion Picture Transfers
- From: "Asa Shoul" <asa.shoul at framestore.co.uk>
- Date: Tue, 12 May 1998 12:00:55 +0100
- Resent-Date: Tue, 12 May 1998 04:09:38 -0700
- Resent-From: telecine at alegria.com
- Resent-Message-ID: <"r_NwuC.A.O8D.K3CW1" at sun>
- Resent-Sender: SmartList account <slist at sun.alegria.com>
- Resent-To: multiple recipients of <telecine at alegria.com>
I've been noticing something strange on feature films on tv in
the last year. Many of them have a couple of artifacts which I'd like to
track down as to source,(film stock or tk transfer?).
Firstly a picture with rich blues and almost uniform skin tones of
tan/orange. In the skin there are patches of monochrome which makes
people look dead.
Secondly so much NR that it looks like it's been shot through
I'll mention 2 film titles in the hope that we'll discover which
side of the pond they were transfered on for u.k. tv.
"First knight" and "French kiss". Both seen on Sky TV.
Thanks to SMA Video for supporting the TIG in 1998..
No product marketing allowed on the main TIG. Contact rob at alegria.com
979 subscribers in 36 countries on Tue May 12 04:08:52 PDT 1998
subscribe/unsubscribe with that Subject: to telecine-request at alegria.com
complete information on the TIG website http://www.alegria.com/tig3/