[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
48 fps(was Re: 480P - Anyone know what this is?)
- To: telecine at alegria.com
- Subject: 48 fps(was Re: 480P - Anyone know what this is?)
- From: Nelson Yu <nelson at compt.com>
- Date: Tue, 14 Jul 1998 11:41:25 -0400
- Organization: Command Post TOYBOX
- Resent-Date: Tue, 14 Jul 1998 08:42:20 -0700
- Resent-From: telecine at alegria.com
- Resent-Message-ID: <"j8A5eC.A.fS.tw3q1" at sun>
- Resent-Sender: SmartList account <slist at sun.alegria.com>
- Resent-To: multiple recipients of <telecine at alegria.com>
- Sender: nelson at chert.compt.com
Veenotph at aol.com wrote:
> Why 48 FPS? Why not 16 or 18 FPS? Played back at the speed it was recorded,
> won't it look nice? 24 FPS was only introduced for sound reasons ( SO I've
> been lead to understand)
> I must admit to never doing a comparison of images shot at 24 versus 48, so
> I'm not sure what you are after.
I thought the POV was 48-50fps, hence frames are played twice in film to
avoid 'flicker'. I'm curious on how 48fps played twice would look...
Since I know nothing about HDTV or ATV really. Did they UP the frame
rate to 48-50fps? or leave it at 24-30fps to save on bandwidth?
Nelson Yu Technical Director
nelson at compt.com Command Post TOYBOX
(416)585-9995 Toronto, ON, Canada
Thanks to Queue Systems and Lipsner Smith for support in 1998.
No product marketing allowed on the main TIG. Contact rob at alegria.com
996 subscribers in 39 countries on Tue Jul 14 08:41:27 PDT 1998
subscribe/unsubscribe with that Subject: to telecine-request at alegria.com
complete information on the TIG website http://www.alegria.com/tig3/