[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
RE: 480P - Anyone know what this is?
- To: 'multiple recipients of' <telecine at alegria.com>
- Subject: RE: 480P - Anyone know what this is?
- From: Case Dominic <Dominic_Case at atlab.com.au>
- Date: Wed, 22 Jul 1998 13:26:17 +1000
- Resent-Date: Tue, 21 Jul 1998 20:25:49 -0700
- Resent-From: telecine at alegria.com
- Resent-Message-ID: <"EI4dnC.A.HPB.VuVt1" at sun>
- Resent-Sender: SmartList account <slist at sun.alegria.com>
- Resent-To: multiple recipients of <telecine at alegria.com>
> >Why 48 FPS? Why not 16 or 18 FPS? Played back at the speed it was
> >won't it look nice? 24 FPS was only introduced for sound reasons ( SO
The above subject heading must be the most well-worn one to have
survived on this list. My original question about the format is now lost
in the depths of thread-warp (c), and the conversation has wandered
around a lot of technicalities and back to an area I have something to
say about. (please excuse the grammar, you know what I'm trying to say!)
But I'll say it under a new heading "is reality a good thing?". Next
message, please . . .
Thanks to Bob Festa and Rick Dean for support in 1998.
No product marketing allowed on the main TIG. Contact rob at alegria.com
996 subscribers in 39 countries on Tue Jul 21 20:25:04 PDT 1998
subscribe/unsubscribe with that Subject: to telecine-request at alegria.com
complete information on the TIG website http://www.alegria.com/tig3/