[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
'netiquette' notes (grammar)
- To: telecine internet group <telecine at alegria.com>
- Subject: 'netiquette' notes (grammar)
- From: rob at alegria.com (Rob Lingelbach)
- Date: Sun, 26 Jul 1998 18:03:05 -0700
- Organization: Altruistic Intentions, Hollywood, CA
- Phone-number: +1 213 464 6266
- Reply-To: Rob Lingelbach <rob at alegria.com>
- Resent-Date: Sun, 26 Jul 1998 18:03:58 -0700
- Resent-From: telecine at alegria.com
- Resent-Message-ID: <"Opxp_C.A.IN.TH9u1" at sun>
- Resent-Sender: SmartList account <slist at sun.alegria.com>
- Resent-To: multiple recipients of <telecine at alegria.com>
- Sender: Rob Lingelbach <rob at sun.alegria.com>
It is considered polite and a form of good netiquette to refrain from
criticizing the grammar or spelling of messages posted to mailinglists
One has only to realize the number of participants in the TIG who are
more fluent in languages other than English, to understand that it is
much more important to focus on the substance and idea of a message,
rather than examine its perfection.
If a particular comment is meant as a joke, it is good to remember
that the use of emoticons like :] or :-) or even :-\ do much to convey
intent...jokes about someone's grammar or spelling are considered to
be in poor taste.
Rob Lingelbach | 2660 Hollyridge Dr., Los Angeles, CA 90068
rob at alegria.com |"I would give nothing for that man's religion whose
rob at info.com | very dog and cat are not the better for it."
rob at tele.com --Rowland Hill, "Village Dialogues"
Thanks to Grace & Wild and Digital Vision for support in 1998.
No product marketing allowed on the main TIG. Contact rob at alegria.com
999 subscribers in 39 countries on Sun Jul 26 18:03:08 PDT 1998
subscribe/unsubscribe with that Subject: to telecine-request at alegria.com
complete information on the TIG website http://www.alegria.com/tig3/