[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
converting 4:3 to 16:9
- To: "TiG" <telecine at alegria.com>
- Subject: converting 4:3 to 16:9
- From: jpb <aaton.jp at alpes-net.fr>
- Date: Wed, 26 Aug 1998 09:16:20 +0200
- Resent-Date: Wed, 26 Aug 1998 00:17:22 -0700
- Resent-From: telecine at alegria.com
- Resent-Message-ID: <"-Y875D.A.7NG.ZZ741" at sun>
- Resent-Sender: SmartList account <slist at sun.alegria.com>
- Resent-To: multiple recipients of <telecine at alegria.com>
Dan Clermont/NWFX Engineering 26/08/98 7:50 :
>We are looking for some sort of black box capable of converting 4:3 to 16:9.
>It cannot blank the vertical interval as this would be a major problem.
you can either use a DigitalVision converter which respects the
vertical interval <steve at digitalvisionusa.com>
or a Snell&Wilcok which doesn't.
In this later case you could use an Aaton Sorter which reads the
3lineVitc from the 4:3 and reinserts it (with the proper delay)
into the 16:9.
Jean-Pierre Beauviala tel +33 4 7642 9550 www.aaton.com
Thanks to Cinema Products for support in 1998.
No product marketing allowed on the main TIG. Contact rob at alegria.com
1013 subscribers in 39 countries on Wed Aug 26 00:16:36 PDT 1998
subscribe/unsubscribe with that Subject: to telecine-request at alegria.com
complete information on the TIG website http://www.alegria.com/tig3/