[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Feature Mastering Practices
- To: telecine user group <telecine at alegria.com>
- Subject: Feature Mastering Practices
- From: Ron Martin <ron at dvcc.com>
- Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 11:27:46 -0700
- Organization: Universal Studios
- Resent-Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 13:26:49 -0500
- Resent-From: telecine at alegria.com
- Resent-Message-ID: <"BMpSHD.A.lBG.yEr_1" at sun>
- Resent-Sender: SmartList account <slist at sun.alegria.com>
- Resent-To: multiple recipients of <telecine at alegria.com>
It has come to my attention that some colorists (and facilities) format
master tapes different than others. So my question is: Is there a
standard? (other than personal preference), and is the following used by
Part 1 starts with an A frame (3/2) sequence on fld 1 at the hour
Parts 2 thru x continue the sequence from where the last part finished.
(sequence and field dominace)
So if part 1 ended on a C pulldown and split field edit (say
01:58:28.05); part 2 would begin at fld 2 with a D frame edit
In the MPEG world of DVD and soon broadcast the 3/2 sequence is really a
hot issue for editorial purposes, most online systems don't know how to
make of this.
Geez, progressive sounds better all the time!!
Universal HD Telecine Center
ron at dvcc.com
Thanks to Henninger Media Services for support in 1998.
No product marketing allowed on the main TIG. Contact rob at alegria.com
1012 subscribers in 39 countries on Tue Sep 15 13:25:48 CDT 1998
subscribe/unsubscribe with that Subject: to telecine-request at alegria.com
complete information on the TIG website http://www.alegria.com/tig3/