[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Super 16mm HDTV Safe Action
- To: TIG <telecine at xyzoom.alegria.com>
- Subject: Super 16mm HDTV Safe Action
- From: "Randy K. Reck" <rreck at encorevideo.com>
- Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 15:12:38 -0700
- Resent-Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 17:13:40 -0500
- Resent-From: telecine at alegria.com
- Resent-Message-ID: <"8GGUC.A.cJB.iB9I2" at sun>
- Resent-Sender: SmartList account <slist at alegria.com>
- Resent-To: multiple recipients of <telecine at alegria.com>
Does anyone know of a spec that defines HDTV Safe Action for Super 16mm?
I have an Arriflex SR3 Super 16 Ground Glass specification with markers for
1.78:1 HDTV Transmit at 11.95mm x 6.72mm and HDTV Safe Action at 11.2mm x
6.3mm. The HDTV safe action marking is just a horizontal extension of the
usual 1.33:1 safe action rectangle. By my math, this leaves only 3.125% safe
borders for instead of the usual 5% on a side as defined by SMPTE RP-27.3.
Encore Santa Monica
Thanks to Encore Video and Randy Reck for support in 1998.
No product marketing allowed on the main TIG. Contact rob at alegria.com
1012 subscribers in 39 countries on Tue Oct 13 17:12:44 CDT 1998
subscribe/unsubscribe with that Subject: to telecine-request at alegria.com
complete information on the TIG website http://www.alegria.com/tig3/