[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
DVNR dirt fixes
- To: 'tig' <telecine at alegria.com>
- Subject: DVNR dirt fixes
- From: "Smith, Frank" <FSmith at GTNInc.com>
- Date: Tue, 27 Oct 1998 14:05:33 -0500
- Resent-Date: Tue, 27 Oct 1998 13:09:29 -0600
- Resent-From: telecine at alegria.com
- Resent-Message-ID: <"u0mPND.A.0_D.qohN2" at sun>
- Resent-Sender: SmartList account <slist at alegria.com>
- Resent-To: multiple recipients of <telecine at alegria.com>
I received an out of house tape that had been color corrected and run
through the DVNR for dirt fixes. I tried to remove the remaining dirt using
the ASCII. The ASCII is DVNR's newest way to fix dirt by isolating an area
and having separate controls for inside the isolated area. I have had
success in removing dirt in the past, however on this tape I had some
trouble. After stepping through the original tape I discovered that the
dirt spots that I could not fix lasted a duration of 4 or 5 fields. This
makes no sense to me. The duration should be either 2 or 3 fields long.
I believe that the original was shot on 16neg and blown up for 35 release.
Maybe the optical blowup or maybe the original DVNR treatment caused some
kind of lag?? Any suggestions or fixes. The DVNR can't seem to handle
anything over 3 fields.
fsmith at gtninc.com
GTN Oak Park Michigan
Thanks to Al Hart of Modern Videofilm for support in 1998.
No product marketing allowed on the main TIG. Contact rob at alegria.com
1014 subscribers in 39 countries on Tue Oct 27 13:08:20 CST 1998
subscribe/unsubscribe with that Subject: to telecine-request at alegria.com
complete information on the TIG website http://www.alegria.com/tig3/