[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
New Yawk, New Yawk
- To: telecine at alegria.com
- Subject: New Yawk, New Yawk
- From: Bob Festa <festa at encorevideo.com>
- Date: Tue, 24 Nov 1998 13:17:08 -0800
- Resent-Date: Tue, 24 Nov 1998 15:18:19 -0600
- Resent-From: telecine at alegria.com
- Resent-Message-ID: <"4bDau.A.H6G.lJyW2" at sun>
- Resent-Sender: SmartList account <slist at alegria.com>
- Resent-To: multiple recipients of <telecine at alegria.com>
I just came back from my annual Xmas shopping trip in Manhattan (NYC).
While I was there, I stopped by The Tape House and spoke with my fellow
Spirit driver John Dowdell. I must tell you what a pleasure it was to spend
the day with John and the staff at TH. Not only was I treated like royalty,
but everyone went out of their way to enlighten me to the Tape House tips
and techniques of HD and Data. John was the perfect gentleman, going way
out of his way to show me the way he works and explaining why.
In this otherwise cut throat business, it was so rewarding to see
individuals who gave information graciously to a perceived competitor.
Perhaps the future of post-production will have a more human side.
A special thanks to Mark Polycon, Arthur Williams, Chuck Roback, and Ari
Klingman. You guys made a otherwise uncomfortable visit a true pleasure.
Good luck to all of us, and happy birthday Mark.
Bob Festa mailto:festa at pacbell.net
Director of Advanced Imaging mailto:festa at encorevideo.com
Encore Santa Monica 310 656 7663 KF6RKG
Thanks to Steven Harman, Bruce Hancock for support in 1998.
No product marketing allowed on the main TIG. Contact rob at alegria.com
1011 subscribers in 38 countries on Tue Nov 24 15:17:19 CST 1998
subscribe/unsubscribe with that Subject: to telecine-request at alegria.com
complete information on the TIG website http://www.alegria.com/tig3/
anonymous messaging now at http://www.alegria.com/HyperNews/get/ubique.html