[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: THE SIMPSONS
- To: telecine at alegria.com
- Subject: Re: THE SIMPSONS
- From: Marc Wielage <mfw at musictrax.com>
- Date: Fri, 27 Nov 1998 00:39:33 -0800
- Cc: bgoodman at editel-la.com
- In-Reply-To: <E0zjB0L-000269-00 at sun.alegria.com>
- Resent-Date: Fri, 27 Nov 1998 02:38:29 -0600
- Resent-From: telecine at alegria.com
- Resent-Message-ID: <"z5LVPC.A.bfE.STmX2" at sun>
- Resent-Sender: SmartList account <slist at alegria.com>
- Resent-To: multiple recipients of <telecine at alegria.com>
Bruce Goodman <bgoodman at editel-la.com> said on the Telecine Internet Group:
>The Simpsons was telecined at Editel last season by Larry Field. He has
>since gone to work for 4MC and I believe he is still transfering the
>The couple of episodes that I've seen this season have been full of the clever
>wit that the show has been known for. The only thing missing is the voice
>of Phil Hartmann.
Actually, sadly, I believe Hartman died just _after_ completing an entire
seasons' worth of voice-work for the show. I know for sure I just saw a
new show the other night that had his unmistakeable "Troy McClure" voice in
a particular scene.
And the show does look very good, from a telecine point of view. Very few
non-industry people understand how wacked-out TV animation can get,
particularly with retakes, varying exposures, flash-frames, and so on.
It's a helluva lotta work.
Thanks to Steven Harman, Bruce Hancock for support in 1998.
No advertising/marketing allowed on the main TIG. Contact rob at alegria.com
1019 subscribers in 38 countries on Fri Nov 27 02:37:32 CST 1998
subscribe/unsubscribe with that Subject: to telecine-request at alegria.com
complete information on the TIG website http://www.alegria.com/tig3/
anonymous messaging now at http://www.alegria.com/HyperNews/get/ubique.html