[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
jargon, slang, etc.
- To: telecine at alegria.com
- Subject: jargon, slang, etc.
- From: Anders and PJ <uhlwick at mcs.net>
- Date: Thu, 03 Dec 1998 09:39:12 -0600
- Resent-Date: Thu, 3 Dec 1998 09:32:53 -0600
- Resent-From: telecine at alegria.com
- Resent-Message-ID: <"J8LXrC.A.Xy.n7qZ2" at sun>
- Resent-Sender: SmartList account <slist at alegria.com>
- Resent-To: multiple recipients of <telecine at alegria.com>
Dear TIG Members,
I am compiling a glossary of terms and concepts focusing on
telecine/post production jargon, slang and informal communications.
I am a cameraman, and having worked as a camera assistant for alot of
different d.p.'s from around the U.S., I know that you colorists recieve
alot of vauge if not incomprehensible instructions. I also realise that
alot of clients probably nod their heads in agreement when they have
absolutely no idea what your talking about.
So, I'm asking for anyones submissions of terms that they use, terms
that they see improperly used, terms that they wish people wouldn't use
or would use, etc.
Any submissions will be greatly appreciated and can be sent to me at:
uhlwick at mcs.net. I hope to host a webpage with this glossary and will
let you know when it's complete.
Thanks in advance,
uhlwick at mcs.net
Thanks to Kevin Ayres, Tom Montgomery for support in 1998.
No advertising/marketing allowed on the main TIG. Contact rob at alegria.com
1028 subscribers in 38 countries on Thu Dec 3 09:31:44 CST 1998
subscribe/unsubscribe with that Subject: to telecine-request at alegria.com
complete information on the TIG website http://www.alegria.com/tig3/
anonymous messaging now at http://www.alegria.com/HyperNews/get/ubique.html