[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: jargon, slang, etc.
- To: telecine internet group <telecine at alegria.com>
- Subject: Re: jargon, slang, etc.
- From: rob at alegria.com (Rob Lingelbach)
- Date: Fri, 4 Dec 1998 19:13:30 -0600
- In-Reply-To: Anders and PJ <uhlwick at mcs.net> "[TIG] jargon, slang, etc." (Dec 3, 9:39)
- Organization: Altruistic Intentions
- Phone-number: +1 214 887 8544
- Reply-To: Rob Lingelbach <rob at alegria.com>
- Resent-Date: Fri, 4 Dec 1998 19:14:21 -0600
- Resent-From: telecine at alegria.com
- Resent-Message-ID: <"AoCENC.A.wd.BjIa2" at sun>
- Resent-Sender: SmartList account <slist at alegria.com>
- Resent-To: multiple recipients of <telecine at alegria.com>
On Dec 3, 9:39, Anders and PJ wrote:
} Subject: [TIG] jargon, slang, etc.
> alot of vauge if not incomprehensible instructions. I also realise
> that a lot of clients probably nod their heads in agreement when they
> have absolutely no idea what your talking about.
as we also nod our heads in agreement when we realize they have no
idea what they're talking about.
> So, I'm asking for anyones submissions of terms that they use, terms
> that they see improperly used, terms that they wish people wouldn't use
this will be a lot of fun, Anders- I suggest you credit the submitters
with a bibliography of sorts.
In the world of color correction for commercials (that with which I am
familiar anyway), it can be important to be facile with adjectives.
Rob Lingelbach | "I would give nothing for that man's religion
rob at alegria.com | whose very dog and cat are not the better for it."
www.alegria.com --Rowland Hill, "Village Dialogues", via A. Lincoln
Thanks to Kevin Ayres, Tom Montgomery for support in 1998.
No advertising/marketing allowed on the main TIG. Contact rob at alegria.com
1027 subscribers in 38 countries on Fri Dec 4 19:13:32 CST 1998
subscribe/unsubscribe with that Subject: to telecine-request at alegria.com
complete information on the TIG website http://www.alegria.com/tig3/
anonymous messaging now at http://www.alegria.com/HyperNews/get/ubique.html