[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Transfer Rates -DVD.
- To: <telecine at alegria.com>
- Subject: Re: Transfer Rates -DVD.
- From: "Rod Sommerich" <sommr at acay.com.au>
- Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2025 21:47:18 +1100
- Resent-Date: Thu, 24 Dec 1998 04:47:03 -0600
- Resent-From: telecine at alegria.com
- Resent-Message-ID: <"suN1t.A.fXG.7thg2" at sun>
- Resent-Sender: SmartList account <slist at alegria.com>
- Resent-To: multiple recipients of <telecine at alegria.com>
> Does anyone know what it means by Transfer Rate, when I am playing a DVD ?
The transfer rate is the data rate for the pictures you are watching. The
DVD standard allows for variable compression much like an Avid where the
compression varies to make the final file or frame fit within a specific
size range. The higher the data rate the lower the compression.
Some DVDs are better than others. It depends on the total running time, the
amount of time they take to compress the video, and the overall picture
noise. The beter the transfer and the better the mastering the lower the
data rate can be without any percevable picture degredation.
Also your perceved enjoyment will be governed by content !
Thanks to Barry Shankman for support in 1998.
No advertising/marketing allowed on the main TIG. Contact rob at alegria.com
1023 subscribers in 40 countries on Thu Dec 24 04:46:13 CST 1998
subscribe/unsubscribe with that Subject: to telecine-request at alegria.com
complete information on the TIG website http://www.alegria.com/tig3/
anonymous messaging now at http://www.alegria.com/HyperNews/get/ubique.html