[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Joe Bond Retirement Party
- To: <telecine at alegria.com>
- Subject: Re: Joe Bond Retirement Party
- From: Robert Lund <lundo at interport.net>
- Date: Fri, 15 Jan 1999 22:16:03 -0500
- Resent-Date: Fri, 15 Jan 1999 21:16:33 -0600
- Resent-From: telecine at alegria.com
- Resent-Message-ID: <"osj3wC.A.wC.fRAo2" at sun>
- Resent-Sender: SmartList account <slist at alegria.com>
- Resent-To: multiple recipients of <telecine at alegria.com>
dave at postperfect.com wrote:
> Joe Bond is retiring on January 31st. Please join us to celebrate
> with the grand master of Color Correction.
> Where: Client lounge
> When: 5PM Thursday January 28th Post Perfect 220E 42 NY,NY
> Goodies: Champagne and Hors d'oeuvres
> Trivia Question: Who did the first ever scene by scene film to tape
> color correction?
> Answer: Joe Bond, January 1970 at Teletronics here in NYC.
Funny I should hear of this through the TIG, being here at PP every day, but I'm
sure glad to know about it. I won't miss it!
BTW - just for my own "files" - anybody know when he did the first
computer-assisted color correction on the PDP-11-based "Palette I" he helped us
design? (sometime in 1975-76, I'd guess).
thanks to Rod Wayne and San Lab for support in 1999
No advertising/marketing allowed on the main TIG. Contact rob at alegria.com
1029 subscribers in 40 countries on Fri Jan 15 21:15:37 CST 1999
subscribe/unsubscribe with that Subject: to telecine-request at alegria.com
complete information on the TIG website http://www.alegria.com/tig3/
anonymous messaging now at http://www.alegria.com/HyperNews/get/ubique.html