[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: HD - Quality ? - C-Band/who needs 5khz of phone bandwidth ?
- To: gciaccio at 4MC.com, telecine at alegria.com
- Subject: Re: HD - Quality ? - C-Band/who needs 5khz of phone bandwidth ?
- From: DCFWTX at aol.com
- Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1999 20:20:50 EST
- Resent-Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1999 19:24:19 -0600
- Resent-From: telecine at alegria.com
- Resent-Message-ID: <"QR30-B.A.jDH.Yw7r2" at sun>
- Resent-Sender: SmartList account <slist at alegria.com>
- Resent-To: multiple recipients of <telecine at alegria.com>
I find the crummy bandwidth of cell phones adequate. I'm not broadcasting a
remote location high school football game with half time band music over it
(may be some do). As long as it's clear enough to understand most of the time
(other than loss of coverage/multipath), it's fine with me, other than the
rates they charge...and it's the bandwidth hungry FM ham users (I'm included)
that may doom such bandwidth for hobby use...
When I first saw compressed (Direct TV), I was amazed at the artifacts, and am
still amazed people put up with these problems. C band for the lucky ones,
such as myself, who have the space for it...
thanks to John Palmisano for support in 1999
No advertising/marketing allowed on the main TIG. Contact rob at alegria.com
1034 subscribers in 40 countries on Wed Jan 27 19:23:31 CST 1999
subscribe/unsubscribe with that Subject: to telecine-request at alegria.com
complete information on the TIG website http://www.alegria.com/tig3/
anonymous messaging now at http://www.alegria.com/HyperNews/get/ubique.html