[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
RE - SCC thread
- To: telecine at alegria.com
- Subject: RE - SCC thread
- From: "Paul Grace" <paul at firstart.co.uk>
- Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 11:22:39 +0000
- Resent-Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 05:23:44 -0600
- Resent-From: telecine at alegria.com
- Resent-Message-ID: <"bECcpB.A.YTH.Yg_y2" at sun>
- Resent-Sender: telecine-request at alegria.com
- Resent-To: multiple recipients of <telecine at alegria.com>
> diamond is currently looking at 68db (measured a while back)
> Graham Collett
I was refering to davinci implementation which is a full blown colour
corrector with secondary correction. The placement of such devices is
different to units such as
Cintels old SCC which was closely coupled to the analog input matrix in the
frame store. Another consideration is for tape to tape work.
Even a pre-store davinci can be configured to switch from pre-store to tape
My point though, was that there are areas of the signal chain that are at a
higher spacial quality and bit depth that corrector manufacturers can take
advantage of in the future. Hence Pandora's Megadef implementation.
Closely coupling the corrector will give the maximum quality input and
flexibility between standards.
Signal to noise measurements are relative to the bit depth of the signal.
What does your Spirit measure?
Thanks to Robin Castle for support in 1999.
No advertising/marketing allowed on the main TIG. Contact rob at alegria.com
anonymous messaging now at http://www.alegria.com/HyperNews/get/ubique.html
1033 subscribers in 41 countries on Thu Feb 18 05:22:58 CST 1999
subscribe/unsubscribe with that Subject: to telecine-request at alegria.com
complete information on the TIG website http://www.alegria.com/tig3/