[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: The Life And Death Of 720p... Or Was That 1080i?
- To: TIG <telecine at alegria.com>
- Subject: Re: The Life And Death Of 720p... Or Was That 1080i?
- From: Tom Tcimpidis <tgt at akamail.com>
- Date: Fri, 05 Mar 1999 16:15:41 -0800
- Organization: TGT Technologies / The MOG-UR'S EMS http://www.tgt.dynip.com
- References: <36E03B89.E815412F at akamail.com> <36E049E4.5F92171E at sprocketdigital.com>
- Resent-Date: Fri, 5 Mar 1999 18:15:11 -0600
- Resent-From: telecine at alegria.com
- Resent-Message-ID: <"XCz55D.A.38B.dNH42" at sun>
- Resent-Sender: telecine-request at alegria.com
- Resent-To: multiple recipients of <telecine at alegria.com>
He's a contributor to the ITS list (among other things) with no particular
agenda that I am aware of... Regardless, like you, I happen to share his
He requested that I pass on a couple of items:
"Since I wrote this piece, I want to make a correction:
What was said:
It has a lot to do with NHK holding so many 1080i patents.
What should have been said:
It has a lot to do with NHK's view on anything other than 1035.
The opinion piece will be posted on Monday on Digital Television: The
Site (http://www.DigitalTelevision.com). I wanted to get it out before then
so that I do not have any non-disclosure conflicts with the US ITU-R Study
Group preparatory meeting Monday afternoon."
Bill Hogan wrote:
> Tom: Who the heck is Michael Silbergleid? And what is his personal or
> hidden agenda?
No advertising/marketing allowed on the main TIG. Contact rob at alegria.com
anonymous messaging now at http://www.alegria.com/HyperNews/get/ubique.html
1019 subscribers in 41 countries on Fri Mar 5 18:14:14 CST 1999
subscribe/unsubscribe with that Subject: to telecine-request at alegria.com
complete information on the TIG website http://www.alegria.com/tig3/