[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
RE: HD film finish?
- To: multiple recipients of <telecine at alegria.com>
- Subject: RE: HD film finish?
- From: "Case, Dominic" <Dominic_Case at atlab.com.au>
- Date: Fri, 26 Mar 1999 09:25:18 +1100
- Resent-Date: Thu, 25 Mar 1999 16:23:10 -0600
- Resent-From: telecine at alegria.com
- Resent-Message-ID: <"YhXXUC.A.mGE.Jdr-2" at sun>
- Resent-Sender: telecine-request at alegria.com
- Resent-To: multiple recipients of <telecine at alegria.com>
>The goal is to achieve the highest quality 35mm projection;
>he's thinking that perhaps he could xfer the film to an HD
>format, finish on Hi Def and then transfer the HD master
>back to 35mm film.
Are you kidding? However good HD is, it's still an uneccessary number of
transfers, format/medium changes etc. The 35mm neg carries around 50Mbytes
of data per frame. Transferring down to a few Mbytes of HD must lose
quality. Transferring at all must lose quality.
STAY ON FILM.
Edit non-linear, cnvert the EDL to a cutting list, match the negative -
you're right back to the original generation. What could be better?
email: cased at atlab.com.au
Thanks to Complete Post for support in 1999
No advertising/marketing allowed on the main TIG. Contact rob at alegria.com
anonymous messaging now at http://www.alegria.com/HyperNews/get/ubique.html
1015 subscribers in 41 countries on Thu Mar 25 16:23:06 CST 1999
subscribe/unsubscribe with that Subject: to telecine-request at alegria.com
complete information on the TIG website http://www.alegria.com/tig3/