[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Source for Sony SBX1602A Serial to Parallel chip??aka frying chips!
- To: <telecine at alegria.com>
- Subject: Re: Source for Sony SBX1602A Serial to Parallel chip??aka frying chips!
- From: "geoff cooper" <gci44 at dial.pipex.com>
- Date: Tue, 30 Mar 1999 12:47:52 +0100
- Resent-Date: Tue, 30 Mar 1999 05:54:06 -0600
- Resent-From: telecine at alegria.com
- Resent-Message-ID: <"jeMxBB.A.RWG.atLA3" at sun>
- Resent-Sender: telecine-request at alegria.com
- Resent-To: multiple recipients of <telecine at alegria.com>
> I notice you specify the "A" at the end. We have had lots of
>problems with the 1602's but few problems with the 1602A's.
> Does this tally with everyone else ?
I have three broken Miranda SER-100D (SDI de-serialisers) on my bench.
They all have the Thompson STV1602A chip within all run very hot and take
0.5A current from a -5V supply.
However we do have 20 others doing sterling service, so they're not that
I spoke to someone at Metawave in the UK, who services Alpha-Image kit and
he's changed hundreds of these chips over the past few years. He say's that
the early SPX 1602-01 chip was replaced by the 1602-A and that it had some
different pin functions. He only fits Thompson as he reckons there more
You can buy them in the UK from DT Electronics Tel:(0)1203 466500 fax
(0)1203 466501 at 58.35 UKPounds in small quantity.
Today they had 100 in stock.
Now does anybody have any stories about the EQ-45 card on Sony's Digi-Beta,
particularly the GXA82360 chips that cook themselves........
No advertising/marketing allowed on the main TIG. Contact rob at alegria.com
anonymous messaging now at http://www.alegria.com/HyperNews/get/ubique.html
1014 subscribers in 41 countries on Tue Mar 30 05:54:02 CST 1999
subscribe/unsubscribe with that Subject: to telecine-request at alegria.com
complete information on the TIG website http://www.alegria.com/tig3/