[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Digital betacam to Kine
- To: "Telecine Group" <telecine at sun.alegria.com>
- Subject: Digital betacam to Kine
- From: "Peter Balfour" <biff at icondigital.com.au>
- Date: Tue, 4 May 1999 15:56:10 +1000
- Resent-Date: Tue, 4 May 1999 00:56:19 -0500
- Resent-From: telecine at alegria.com
- Resent-Message-ID: <"iyZfa.A.8O.-voL3" at sun>
- Resent-Sender: telecine-request at alegria.com
- Resent-To: multiple recipients of <telecine at alegria.com>
Rob's comment re the quietness on the TIG has spurred me on.
What is the general feeling about grading a Digital Betacam Programme
destined for 35mm cinema release.?
Any comments?.... thoughts? ...techniques? ...dangers?
In areas such as midtones, noise reduction, black levels, clipping...etc..
Say, for example, the origin would be the Sony DVW700 camera, the programme
being edited Digital on-line and grading t2t of the final edit.
And also presume, (and hope), the path to film would be the best available.
It seems to me as there will be an increase in this sort of work, as the
transfer to film process available nowadays is much better.
And, yes, I know, telecine is not used in this process, .....but the same
Icon Digital Post
NAB telecine product focus at
Thanks to DAV and Dave Walker for support in 1999
No advertising/marketing allowed on the main TIG. Contact rob at alegria.com
anonymous messaging now at http://www.alegria.com/HyperNews/get/ubique.html
1012 subscribers in 41 countries on Tue May 4 00:56:14 CDT 1999
subscribe/unsubscribe with that Subject: to telecine-request at alegria.com
complete information on the TIG website http://www.alegria.com/tig3/