[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Earthing/Neutral system in UK (or non-german) Studios.
- To: "TIG" <telecine at alegria.com>
- Subject: Earthing/Neutral system in UK (or non-german) Studios.
- From: "Phil Budden" <phil at das-werk.de>
- Date: Wed, 5 May 1999 10:51:49 +0200
- Resent-Date: Wed, 5 May 1999 03:52:15 -0500
- Resent-From: telecine at alegria.com
- Resent-Message-ID: <"6Sh9z.A.Y2D.5aAM3" at sun>
- Resent-Sender: telecine-request at alegria.com
- Resent-To: multiple recipients of <telecine at alegria.com>
Please would someone in the UK (or non-german studio) give me some info on
how your studios are earthed; how and where the earth and neutral are linked
if at all.
I have been at loggerheads with our electricians here who say that our
electrical system is according to german wiring regulations. Independant
consultants agree with me and say that what we have here is the german
standard but it is primative compared with the rest of the world. They say
it is okay for a normal factory but no good for a video studio.
Details: They have no seperate Eath conductor or local earth (one has since
been added due to my complaining), only the Neutral. This goes to the star
point at the substation. The power flowing in the neutral then causes the
"earth" to go up and down.
(This does infact cause problems in domestic systems where imbalance in the
phases can make the neutral sit at several volts so causing people to get
electric shocks when they reach from say the bath and touch a washing
machine in the bathroom.)
look forward to your responses,
Thanks to DAV and Dave Walker for support in 1999
No advertising/marketing allowed on the main TIG. Contact rob at alegria.com
anonymous messaging now at http://www.alegria.com/HyperNews/get/ubique.html
1016 subscribers in 41 countries on Wed May 5 03:52:09 CDT 1999
subscribe/unsubscribe with that Subject: to telecine-request at alegria.com
complete information on the TIG website http://www.alegria.com/tig3/