[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Humor Empire State
- To: <tracymn at acay.com.au>, "Tony Carman" <106172.2263 at compuserve.com>, "Tom Pavicic" <quintosyd at compuserve.com>, "TIG" <telecine at alegria.com>, "Steve Kelly" <SteveKelly_DAL at compuserve.com>, "Richo" <richo at omnicon.com.au>, "Ralph McCleery" <ralph at amber.co.nz>, "Phil Sommerich" <psommerich at compuserve.com>, "Metchew Sommerich" <matt at sommerich.freeserve.co.uk>, "Matthew Pollock" <m.pollock at fairlightesp.com.au>, "Malcom Todd" <malt at omnicon.com.au>, "ludwigbauer" <ludwigbauer at email.msn.com>, "Julian Warren" <julian at kcbbs.gen.nz>, "Joe Giovenco" <jgiovenco at ninenet.com.au>, "Igor Auzins" <igor at zeta.org.au>, "HERSH BURSTON" <hersh at clari.net.au>, "Helen" <hhunterlee at williams.edu.au>, "Garry Claridge" <garrycl at clarsys.com.au>, "Foster, Kieran" <Kieran_Foster at avid.com>, "Emilijo Mihatov" <e.mihatov at fairlightesp.com.au>, "Debbie Kaplan" <dkaplanclancy at compuserve.com>, "David Tasker" <davidt at tvcom.demon.co.uk>, "David Forsyth" <david.forsyth at bigpond.com>, "David Altman" <vdad at one.net.au>, "Craig Morison" <cramorr at visioni.com.au>, "Charles Nicholls" <73020.465 at Compuserve.Com>, "Case, Dominic" <Dominic_Case at atlab.com.au>, "Bob Crawford" <digipix at mpx.com.au>, "Ben Orner" <bben at bigpond.com>, "Andrew Mooney" <andrew at digistor.com.au>
- Subject: Humor Empire State
- From: "Rod Sommerich" <sommr at acay.com.au>
- Date: Mon, 24 May 1999 18:12:52 +1000
- Resent-Date: Mon, 24 May 1999 03:14:35 -0500
- Resent-From: telecine at alegria.com
- Resent-Message-ID: <"WLQ78D.A.OSB.mpQS3" at sun>
- Resent-Sender: telecine-request at alegria.com
- Resent-To: multiple recipients of <telecine at alegria.com>
On May 24 in history ..
* 1153 - Malcolm IV becomes king of Scotland
* 1830 - "Mary Had A Little Lamb," is written
* 1966 - "Mame" opens at Winter Garden Theater NYC for 1508 performances
* 1941 - Bob Dylan born, [Zimmerman], Minn, singer/songwriter (Blowin' in Wind)
Two men are drinking in a bar at the top of the Empire State
Building. One turns to the other and says: "You know last
week I discovered that if you jump from the top of this
building- by the time you fall to the 10th floor, the winds
around the building are so intense that they carry you
around the building and back into the window." The bartender
just shakes his head in disapproval while wiping the bar.
The 2nd Man says: "What are you a nut? There is no way in
heck that could happen."
1st Man: "No it's true let me prove it to you." So he gets
up from the bar, jumps over the balcony, and careens to the
street below. When he passes the 10th floor, the high wind
whips him around the building and back into the 10th floor
window and he takes the elevator back up to the bar.
The 2nd Man tells him: "You know I saw that with my own
eyes, but that must have been a one time fluke."
1st Man: "No, I'll prove it again" and again he jumps and
hurtles toward the street where the 10th floor wind gently
carries him around the building and into the window.
Once upstairs he urges his fellow drinker to try it.
2nd Man: "Well what the heck, it works, I'll try it." So he
jumps over the balcony, plunges downward, passes the 11th,
10th, 9th, 8th floors and hits the sidewalk with a 'splat.'
Back upstairs the Bartender turns to the other drinker:
"You know, Superman, you're a real jerk when you're drunk."
Thanks to Philips for support in 1999
No advertising/marketing allowed on the main TIG. Contact rob at alegria.com
anonymous messaging now at http://www.alegria.com/HyperNews/get/ubique.html
1045 subscribers in 41 countries on Mon May 24 03:14:30 CDT 1999
subscribe/unsubscribe with that Subject: to telecine-request at alegria.com
complete information on the TIG website http://www.alegria.com/tig3/