[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: ...Broadcast in HDTV...News you would rather not hear.
- To: <telecine at alegria.com>
- Subject: Re: ...Broadcast in HDTV...News you would rather not hear.
- From: "Jean-Clement Soret" <jclement at globalnet.co.uk>
- Date: Thu, 30 Sep 1999 20:55:44 +0100
- Resent-Date: Thu, 30 Sep 1999 15:05:57 -0500
- Resent-From: telecine at alegria.com
- Resent-Message-ID: <"5SasLB.A.RIG.gK883" at sun>
- Resent-Sender: telecine-request at alegria.com
- Resent-To: multiple recipients of <telecine at alegria.com>
> others, who quite rightly point out that out of a 4:3 image on
> for many jobs, only the 1.77:1 framing is used. This is the "common
> sides" approach, losing the top and bottom of the frame. As Mike
> others also point out, the 4:3 extraction is a part of that 16x9
> image, so what is the point of shooting the 4:3 to start with?
What about shooting S35 when only the academy part of the picture is
used, S35 is on the negative most of the time but rarely used as is,
has never been so popular because it doesn't give the possibility to
reframe in telecine. By shooting only what you need and that's what
3 perfs is, you give up any chance to improve framing if necessary.
Thanks to VAS Group for support in 1999
No advertising/marketing allowed on the main TIG. Contact rob at alegria.com
anonymous messaging now at http://www.alegria.com/HyperNews/get/ubique.html
1057 subscribers in 41 countries on Thu Sep 30 15:05:52 CDT 1999
subscribe/unsubscribe with that Subject: to telecine-request at alegria.com
complete information on the TIG website http://www.alegria.com/tig3/