[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
HD Safe Title?
- To: Telecine Internet Group <telecine at alegria.com>
- Subject: HD Safe Title?
- From: Bob Buckner <bbuckner at postgroup.com>
- Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1999 14:26:52 -0800
- Resent-Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1999 16:20:48 -0600
- Resent-From: telecine at alegria.com
- Resent-Message-ID: <"Zn3yT.A.2uG.6oyM4" at sun>
- Resent-Sender: telecine-request at alegria.com
- Resent-To: multiple recipients of <telecine at alegria.com>
Has anyone set any sort of High Definition standard for those old
familiar production considerations, Safe Title and Safe Action. SMPTE
274M specifys a "Clean Aperture" that is slightly inside of the total
1920x1080 Production Aperture to account for D to A and blanking
tolerances, but no Safe T&A.
Existing and anticipated display technology makes these concepts
somewhat antiquated, with overscan largely a thing of the past. On the
other hand, the anticipated downconversions for standard def broadcast
bring the issue right back again.
Thanks to Seamus O'Kane for support in 1999
No advertising/marketing allowed on the main TIG. Contact rob at alegria.com
anonymous messaging now at http://www.alegria.com/HyperNews/get/ubique.html
1060 subscribers in 41 countries on Wed Nov 17 16:20:43 CST 1999
subscribe/unsubscribe with that Subject: to telecine-request at alegria.com
complete information on the TIG website http://www.alegria.com/tig3/