[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: HD Safe Title?
- To: "Telecine Internet Group" <telecine at alegria.com>
- Subject: Re: HD Safe Title?
- From: "Martin Euredjian" <martin at hollydig.com>
- Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1999 19:35:56 -0700
- Resent-Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1999 21:37:10 -0600
- Resent-From: telecine at alegria.com
- Resent-Message-ID: <"ENNFbB.A.ogB.hR3M4" at sun>
- Resent-Sender: telecine-request at alegria.com
- Resent-To: multiple recipients of <telecine at alegria.com>
>Existing and anticipated display technology makes these concepts
I think it should be measured in pixels (8 to 16 or so?), certainly not 10%
You need to "discard" a few pixels around the edges to account for devices
that need to interpolate, extrapolate, imagine or mangle picture information
over a few samples.
I would like to believe that most TV sets capable of displaying HDTV should
be able to be repeatable enough during fabrication to be able to guarantee
seeing most of the image.
Maybe manufacturers should put in variable masking on all four edges and let
the viewer decide what he doesn't want to see.
Thanks to Seamus O'Kane for support in 1999
No advertising/marketing allowed on the main TIG. Contact rob at alegria.com
anonymous messaging now at http://www.alegria.com/HyperNews/get/ubique.html
1059 subscribers in 41 countries on Wed Nov 17 21:37:05 CST 1999
subscribe/unsubscribe with that Subject: to telecine-request at alegria.com
complete information on the TIG website http://www.alegria.com/tig3/